Common Sense Education is now accepting applications from educators interested in contributing high-quality Lesson Flows and Field Notes in 2015 as members of an exceptional group called Common Sense Graphite: Certified Educators. This group is composed of educators who are deeply knowledgeable about and actively using a range of technologies with students. Ready to share valuable insights with a global audience? Apply today to be a part of this exciting program.
Contributing to Graphite has helped me grow professionally by connecting me with other educators around the country. I can more easily gauge whether a tool will be engaging, follows instructional pedagogy, and if it provides support structures for students just from writing my own Field Notes and Lesson Flows. I help other educators to make decisions about digital content that meet their students' needs. That's powerful -- that the work I'm doing in Brentwood, Tennessee, might impact the way teachers engage students in New York or Ohio.
- Ashley Kemper, Graphite Certified Educator
For more information, please review our Frequently Asked Questions.
A Common Sense Graphite: Certified Educator must meet the following criteria prior to applying:
- Have a minimum of three years of experience in an educational setting working directly with students
- Have excellent writing skills
- Currently work in a PreK or K–12 setting
- Have significant experience teaching with technology
- Be registered on Graphite, with a complete profile
- Post three high-quality Field Notes on Graphite
- Publish one high-quality Lesson Flow on Graphite
Experience writing reviews or blogging about kids' educational products/tech in the classroom is a plus. Review our FAQ to learn what we mean by "high-quality" Field Notes and Lesson Flows.
Beyond knowing that you're helping teachers across the globe, perks include special badging on Graphite for instant recognition among your peers, along with a digital badge you can include in your email signature and elsewhere. You'll also be part of an extraordinary community of educators who are knowledgeable about technology and teaching and who can support you in your efforts to integrate technology at your school.
Plus, all Common Sense Graphite: Certified Educators will receive:
- An upfront $20 gift card to the iTunes App Store or Google Play to test out new digital tools
- Graphite swag, such as T-shirts and water bottles
- A $150 gift card after you've met the full commitment
- Invitation to "Common Sense Certified Educators only" trainings and events
Graphite Certified Educators may also have the opportunity to present at statewide or national conferences on behalf of Common Sense Education, with fully paid conference registration.
Over the course of 2015, all Common Sense Graphite: Certified Educators are expected to contribute to Graphite in the following ways:
- Write a minimum of three high-quality Field Notes*
- Write a minimum of two high-quality Lesson Flows*
- Write one original blog post
- Recruit 20+ new teachers to Graphite
- Complete an in-depth survey on Graphite
* About digital tools selected by Common Sense Education
Prior to applying, you must complete your Graphite profile with a headshot and brief bio and post three high-quality Field Notes and one Lesson Flow.
Once you've completed the criteria, apply here. Your answers aren't saved if your session ends, so be sure to start the application when you have at least 15 minutes to complete it.
Admission is rolling, so apply at any time during the 2015 calendar year.